Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Just waiting on her Oscar

Kate was born to direct. At first I thought she might be an author or storyteller because of her complete love of and devotion to books. Now I realize those were just screenplays. Here's how 101 Dalmations (+ 1 more - which was Kate) played out over a couple of hours last Friday: Kate as director (mostly in character as "1 more" barking her commands at me (the crew). Occasionally she would throw me a line if she needed me to fill in for one of the characters - but my main duty was to arrange the 101 dalmations into scenes for her to play out. Aaaaaaaannnnnnnnd ACTION:

This is Perdita birthing all 99 puppies (+ 1 more, Kate) Poor Perdita! (Oh, and yes, Kate did pick out her jammies - why do you ask?)

This is all 99 puppies "drinking milk from her boobs" (-Kate) with the loving support of Pongo. Really poor, poor Perdita!

All 99 puppies watching TV at their home. (Notice that Pongo and Perdita are in the picture this time. You'll need this information later.)

Shhhhh! The puppies are sleeping.

Oh no! The puppies have been stolen and taken to Cruella DeVil's mansion!

At least they can watch TV at the mansion! I had originally put Pongo and Perdita in this scene - like the previous TV scene. Sadly, Kate had to come out of character to reprimand me for not remembering that Pongo and Perdita never made it to the mansion. I hate disappointing the boss. (notice that all the very small puppies have been confined to the lunchbox for ease of location change. that was the crew's idea)

Quick puppies! Follow Sgt. Tibbs out of the mansion!

Whew! The puppies have excaped. For now.......

3 comments:

Jeanette said...

I think she was born to direct AND act...she is much too cute not to be in front of the camera!

MsAnnasPreK said...

Angela,

Your girls are beautiful.

I look forward to keeping up with your blog.

Anna

Unknown said...

hilariously AWESOME. kate and I will definitely have some fun next time (if I can get her to talk to me!). tell her I can bark like a great dane--that might make her like me!